Upgrade Navision 4.0 sp3 to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

Hi all,

As am trying to upgrade NAV4.0 sp3 to NAV 2009, i need to clarify some doubts.

Is it possible to upgrade Navision 4.0sp3 to Navision 2009 or Navision 4.03 → NAV 5.0 and then NAV5.0 → Navision 2009.

If anyone is possible please provide me a link, where can i find the information for Technical and Application upgrade.

Then what toolkit i ve to use to upgrade.

Please suggest me… Am very new to Navision

If you are new to Navision you would do better to contact an Upgrade center and have them do it for you.

Are you the end user or are you a NAV partner?

yes Microsoft partner.

I need to prepare an questionnaire for upgrading Nav4.0sp3 to Nav2009, as am fresher i have only basic knowledge. I want to know what are all the information that i will require from the client side. So please help me in this.

(1) Your req sheet can be somewhat like this.

• why are they going for upgrade.

• are they going to use new functionality of 5.0 or 2009, or just wnat the technical upgrade.

• how much customization is done on the current 4.03 system. how many of them is to be carried fwd and how many to be discarded.

its just a rough idea for you to start. but you better ask someone who has well understood the system. as a bad upgrade can hit back at times.

U need to dowbload the upgrade toolkit from MBS site to help you out in upgrade process.

Navision toolkit will help you in code comparision and code migration to newer version.

Thanks anuragatish.

With these information i can manage to start. :slight_smile: