Upgrade 1.20 to 3.70 !!!

Hi, One customer in 1.20 finally decided to upgrade it’s Navision. I was wondering what would be the best path to upgrade their database. 1.20 to 2.60 and then 2.60 to 3.70? Also, I didn’t find any upgrade toolkit for 2.60 on MBS FTP (ftp://ftp.greatplains.com/navision/Archive/Navision/Financials/). The latest I found is for 2.01. Anyone has suggestions? Thanks in advance,

Hmm - I am kind’a thinking that pretending that their 1.20 is their old system, and then just start from scratch in 3.70 importing master data from 1.20 and any open entries. Depends of course on how much customisation they have in the database. Just my 2 cents

By the way - 4.0 is hitting the streets - it might be woth while waiting for it ?

[ftp://ftp.greatplains.com/navision/Archive/Navision/MBS-Navision Edition/3.70.A/Upgrade Toolkit HTML] https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/navision/downloads/migrationtools/UpgradeToolkit370a.htm might help you, though :wink:

Don’t worry, I know the Upgrade toolkit and I am familiar with upgrades (2.5+). However, the 3.70 upgrade toolkit doesn’t give an upgrade path for version earlier than 2.00. That’s why I’m looking for another upgrade toolkit for 1.20 to 2.60.

Hi David I will suggest that upgrade it first to 2.00 and then to 3.70 This is the simplest way. I do not have any experience with 1.20 but i have upgraded 1.30 to 3.70 for one of our client. thanks and regards

quote:

However, the 3.70 upgrade toolkit doesn’t give an upgrade path for version earlier than 2.00.

So an upgrade to 3.70 starts by going up to 2.00. To do that You go back to the documentation for Upgrade Toolkit in 2.00

Hi, I forgot to mention one thing, to ease the upgradation, just upgrade the data too 2.00, bring the customized code directly in 3.70, this will save a lot of time and effort. thanks and regards

You will need to take the data through each upgrade path, running the upgrade codeunits which deal with changes in the data structure, if I remember right, the unit of measure code changed fron text to code, then you had to do a backup and restore from 1.xx to 2.xx you could not upgrade. you are looking at quite a bit of work going back over the older versions and bringing the data through each version. I took a customers modified database from 1.2 to 2.6 that took best part of ten days. If it is an option I would go for the new installation as suggested in the first reply.

I agree with David Cox. Remember that Inventory costing and many other issues has been resolved in newer releases because of a lot of problems. I would be suprised if inventory data will come thru in a proper way. Besides that, be aware of any date-compression in earlier releases. That also can give you headaches. I would go for starting from scratch and bring over all your master files and open entries. It is the best and safest way. Roelof de Jong.

Thanks everyone. We will look for the “start again from scratch”!