Updating a factbox after a table update

Hello! I am new here and I am not sure if this is the correct place to post that.

I am developing an extension for Dynamics 365 Business Central. In that extension I have a FactBox that needs to be updated after the record is updated.

I tried to add the following code in the PageExtension that I am working on (in this case, Sales Order).

trigger OnModifyRecord(): Boolean
begin
    CurrPage.MyFactBox.PAGE.UpdateData();
end;

But that doesn’t work because “OnModifyRecord” runs BEFORE the update occurs. So the UpdateData() method retrieves old information from the database.

I tried to look for a OnAfterModify event and found a different kind of trigger that I need to add in a CodeUnit.

[EventSubscriber(ObjectType::Table, Database::"Sales Header", 'OnAfterModifyEvent', '', false, false)]
local procedure MyProcedure2(var Rec: Record "Sales Header"; var xRec: Record "Sales Header"; RunTrigger: Boolean)
begin
    if not RunTrigger then
        exit;
    // What to do here?
end;

The issue now is that I don’t know how to invoke my FactBox page method from this event.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi. Maybe this post can help you out:

Unfortunetly I still don’t know how to accomplish what I want :frowning:

The post talks about source table and provider for the factbox. The thing is that my factbox is dynamic - can be inserted in different pages. So I need a way to tell it that the source table changed, for it to be updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.