~Update Control from Subform ~

I want to know how to update control in Header directly when I input something in subform? I have used currform.updatecontrol but still had no effect. So,I have to close the form,reopen the form again and header can refresh. very bad,right? Please,help me soon…[B)]

Try searching Update mainform from subform (or any derivation of this), and you will find some suggestions.

Hi Arnoldus, The following works (I can’t remember where I picked it up from, but I can’t take the credit for it): Declare your Global Variable Name DataType Subtype Length wscript Automation ‘Windows Script Host Object Model’.WshShell Code below is entered into the on-after validate trigger of the field(s) you wish to update the main form from. CREATE(wscript); wscript.SendKeys(’^{UP}’); wscript.SendKeys(’^{DOWN}’); CLEAR(wscript); What this does, is using windows scripting, automates Ctrl+PageUP and a Ctrl+PageDown after you validate the field on the subform.

Try this topic http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12328

Thank you very much for your help… Thank to Mike too for solving my problem. That is very good idea by using Automation. Regards, Arnoldus