Unpost Receipts

Hi all, I am just wondering if there is a way of unposting a receipt in 3.10/3.60? Example, our vendor delivered a quantity of 50 for a particular item. But due to end-user error, a receipt of 52 was posted (without invoicing). How do we go about it unposting the additional qty of 2? I know there is an unpost receipt function in 3.60 but I can’t seem to get it to work. Can anyone give a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

The unpost receipt function basically works only if all of the received quantity is still available(The Quantity and Remaining Quantity on the Item Ledger are equal) and none of the quantity has been invoiced. If so, it creates an additional line on the receipt for the negative amount and the corresponding Item Ledger. It then changes the Quantity Received, etc. on the Original Order. Another method, if the above doesn’t work or for 3.10, is to create an additional line on the Order for the same item and a quantity of -2. The only additional field you need to fill in is the “Appl.-to Item Entry” with the Item Ledger from the receipt (This will ensure the costing entries are balanced off correctly). You will be able to post this line as a new receipt. When you invoice, you will have to invoice the 52 and the -2 getting a net invoiced quantity of 50. Note that the system will allow you to post a negative receipt, but the total value of the invoice can’t be less than 0. This means you must post the line with -2 on an invoice with other positive values.

Chrisk - this is driving me mad. I’ve read in the 3.60 release notes about a new ‘undo quantity posting’ function. I’ve searched every option and menu in vain!! Where is it?

First of all, thanks Crisk for answering my question. Secondly, Adam, the ‘Undo Shipment’ function is in Posted Shipments.

Adam Don’t forget the undo receipt option as well [;)]

You said Another method, if the above doesn’t work or for 3.10, is to create an additional line on the Order for the same item and a quantity of -2. The only additional field you need to fill in is the “Appl.-to Item Entry” with the Item Ledger from the receipt (This will ensure the costing entries are balanced off correctly). … I tried to create additional line of the same item and fill a negative quanity. It’s ok until looking up Item ledger Entry that need to be filled in “Appl. -to Item Entry” field. It showed me only entries that had check mark on “open” field. Unfortunately, an entry that 's from the posted receipt didn’t has a check mark. So what should I suppose to fill in “Appl. -to Item Entry” field on the additinal line of PO? Thanks Chakkraphan S.

Hello, Going back to Patrick’s problem - You might want to check that the 3.60 database is fully hotfixed. The Undo Shipment/Receipt functions in 3.60 were very buggy when first released. When we first tested it using an NSC licence, they incorrectly reversed out the G/L entries. This was fixed by MBS, but then we tried it with a customer licence and got a permission error. Apply the hot fixes and see if this works.