Two small issues with NAV 2009

Hi DUG,

I have recently been appointed warehouse manager for a small business in AU, I have encountered a couple of small issues that I am in need of assistance with.

1. My inventory controller has located a stock line that has an item/product card created for it, but we are not showing this in inventory. I have created a warehouse item journal entry for this however it shows in QTY FOR SALE as 1 and INVENTORY as 0. How can I rectify this?

2. We have received some stock into our warehouse and receipted this into the system, the receipt was posted and a movement created to have this put away into the shelf location. Upon matching records with our supplier paperwork our administrator has discovered we did not receive this line, a reverse of the receipted line is not possible as it has been marked as put away. How can we reverse the putaway and to then allow us to subsequently reverse the receipted line?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Hi,

Don’t understand your first question. For your second question, since you have activated full warehouse module, you have to put away to a temporary location after the received. Then you return shipment to pick from this specific location.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.

First question is that we have a product (item A), and we were showing both 0 for QTY for Sale and 0 for Inventory of this item.

Our inventory controller has located 1 of these items and has registered a warehouse item journal for the 1 of the Item A, which changes the numbers from Qty for Sale to 1 and Inventory as 0.

I am looking to make Inventory number match Qty for Sale number.

Second question, when a receipt is posted the goods are moved into a temporary location.

Our warehouse staff have mistakenly moved these items out of the temporary location onto the shelf. The issue is that these lines were never received and they were receipted in wrong from the start. Now we cannot reverse the receipt item because it is saying that the stock has been put away already (warehouse activity lines).

We have tried moving the stock back to the temporary location however we get an error message telling us that the temporary location is for RECEIVE only and is a one way bin location.

Cheers