transfer order cannot be closed

We have a transfer order that the users increased and decreased the quantities and now the order cannot be closed. This was done shortly after we went live and did not understand the problems this would cause. The order is sitting with a quantity to be shipped and received and is causing us issues because it effects the MRP which continuously tries to satisfy this demand and it is an item that is used extensively, the open quantity is for 200. Short of major database surgery is there any way to close this transfer order?

Thanks!

Melissa

In the Setup tab, of the transfer order, you can place a % for Under delivery, in order to consider the order as completed.

AX also gives you the option to “close” the transfer order line when shipping. Check out the Close checkbox on the line when you are shipping the transfer order or try the functions button on the transfer order line, select the deliver remainder option and then hit the “Cancel quantity” button. Both options require properly set up under-delivery option (enable the functionality from the parameters and define the allowed percentage on the transfer order line).

You can also try to do the following when receiving the materials, you can use the scrapped quantity to say that those 2 items in the example where discarded. So, AX will enter 8 to inventory and at the same time will adjust 2 items out of inventory.

thx!

Unfortunately I do not have the option to change the percentage for under delivery on the set up tab - the way we are set is that the accept underdelivery and accept overdelivery on transfer orders is checked the reserve items automatically in not checked in that form. My users messed with this transfer order heavily, the output order is for 599 but the pick list lines total 399. We have askes our consultant to look at this order as well, but so far we have not had any luck fixing this unless we want to do major database surgery which I do not want to do. At this point the only option may be to contact Microsoft support, but I have not have much luck getting them to respond in the past. I was hoping that there may have been some step I over looked, but not so far.

Thanks for your quick response.

Melissa

Hi

What is the message when you try to delete the line?

Have you cancelled the picking registration/picking route? Have you closed the order?

How many have been shipped? How many are remaining to be received? Are there any received?

The order was supposed to be for 399, they upped it to 599 which is what the output order is set at and it you try to delete the output order you get this message: Output order [00162105_087] cannot be deleted. All related lines to the output order must have a status that comes prior to Picked.When you try to delete the transfer order you get this message:Transfer order line cannot be deleted because the line is not completely received. There is a shipped qty of 399, a ship remainder of 200, a received qty of 399 and receive remainder of 274 the pick list totals a qty of 473 with 399 completed and 74 canceled and is in a completed status. We have run the consistency check but it does not fix this problem.If you try to ship the 200 remaining, the ship transfer order option is greyed out. The order is in created status and will not let me close it.

Thanks!

Melissa

So you have picked, shipped and received 399 with 599 as the order quantity, but no outstanding picks.

On the functions button can you select deliver remainder? Alternatively can you change the transfer quantity to 399?

We tried both of those steps, the problem is that the current shipped qty = received qty = 399, but if we reduce the order qty we get the message: Quantity ordered may not be reduced because there are not enough inventory transactions with ‘on order’ status. The output order is sitting at 599 the ship remainder = 200, the receive remainder = 274. The pick is completed.

Melissa

We tried both of those steps, the problem is that the current shipped qty = received qty = 399, but if we reduce the order qty we get the message: Quantity ordered may not be reduced because there are not enough inventory transactions with ‘on order’ status. The output order is sitting at 599 the ship remainder = 200, the receive remainder = 274. The pick is completed.

Melissa

So the output order is ended for 599 but you only picked 399? How did you achieve this? In the inventory line what is the status of inventory transaction for the split 200?

They achieved this by changing the transfer qty up and down and receiving and shipping and in general making a mess of the transfer order. The happened early on after the conversion and the users did not understand what they were doing, the system allowed them to make this mess, and since then we have re-trained the users, but this order remains out there effecting the MRP as the item is one that is transacted against all the time.

Melissa

So the output order is ended for 599 but you only picked 399?

In the inventory line what is the status of inventory transaction for the split 200?

Not to revive a somewhat retired thread, but we have a similar issue ( Xfer order that is 2+ months old and triggering unnecessary MRP )

Item03-14 Transfer QTY 40 | Shipped 40 ( picked 13 different batches of varying quantities to == 40 )

Output order of type ‘Order picking’ reference is ‘Transfer order shipment’ Ended status. Cannot be deleted.

Received 22 | Receive Remain 29 | 18 registered to destination warehouse and have sense been moved and adjusted out of stock.

If I get out of this mess I’ll be sure to post the solution for the betterment of the community. Wish me luck.