Transfer of funds in bank accounts

Hi all! My needs are the following: I’m invoicing in EUR but I dont have EUR bank account and I dont want to. So I would like to do a deposit in my canadian bank account , EUR checks. Do I really need to create a fictious EUR bank account , do deposit ain that account and do transfer in the canadian bank account. What do i need to do??? Thanks

Shanna, I can’t provide a solution using the deposit functionality (in fact, it seems that the Currency Codes must be equal), instead I can provide a solution, using the normal Cash Receipt Journal: you’ll have to enter your payment with 2 lines, one affecting the customer with Currency Code EUR and amount in EUR and a second line, affecting your bank without any Currency Code and Amount in local currency (CAD in your case). Saludos Nils

Hi Nils i/m not getting that one. Please can you be more specific Thanks

Hi Shanna, I’ll give it a try to be more specific, in the end it’s really easy and straightforward… When entering receipts, in the standard Cash Receipt Journal (Sales & Receivables Menu), you can enter documents that consist of several lines. In your case, the first line will affect the customer: select document type payment, enter a document no., select account type Customer and select the respective customer in the account no. field). The next step will be to select the open entry you want the payment to apply to, using the lookup in the Applies-to Document No. field. Navision will copy the amount to apply automatically into the Amount field, obviously a negative amount as the entry has to be credit. Don’t use the balancing account fields, as the balancing part will be entered in a second line. The second line will have the same document type and document no, but you select Bank Account as account type and indicate your bank account in Account No. and enter the amount, this time with a positive sign in you local currency. Of course, the two amounts are different, the important part is that the 2 lines must balance for the Amount LCY field. Hope this example is clear enough… let me know if you need a screenshot… Saludos Nils

Yes it’s very clear Nils. Thank you very much

Oh Nils by the way , i have another question related to that. What is the difference if instead of using two lines, i’m just using one line without applying any entry. here is it. Doc type: payment Acc type: Customer with EUR urrency. Amount: -15000 EUR Bal acc type: Bank account Bal acc number: Canadian Bank account. Ps: If there is no entry apply, what is the consequence and how can this be resolved? Thanks for advice

Shanna, In fact there is no need to use 2 lines, somehow I mixed it up when using different dimensions on the 2 accounts you use, or when crossing out a customer invoice against a purchase invoice… therefore you can perfectly use a single line for posting this journal. Regarding the use of “applies to entry”, it is not necessary but both the invoice that is getting paid and the payment will be open in the account receivables. You can realize this application later on directly in the customer ledger entry, but it is faster applying it inmediately. Saludos Nils