There is no Currency Exchange Rate within the filter.

Sorry, I am opening a new post to handle this issue separetely from my last post. I am in a data migration process using Administration>Company Setup>Data Migration menu to load data into Table 81. I am getting back the following error message:

There is no Currency Exchange Rate within the filter. Filters: Currency Code: USD, Starting Date:”…”

Filter Caption: Amount

I am using USD reporting currency. Did anyone encounter this problem in the past ?

Thanks.

If USD is your local currency, leave the currency code blank (Empty). Otherwise .you need to populate the exchange rate.

I have populated both FCY and LCY amount fields of General Journal line so that the system can generate the Currency Factor itself. USD is my foreign currency.

Hi,

You will still need to populate a standard exchange rate

Financial Management → Setup → Currencies

Select USD and click on exchange rate.

Hi,

I had done that. currency exchange rates have been set up with a valid starting date. It looks like the system is not taking into account the posting dates in the General Journal lines.

Hi Caliste,

Dave is absolutely correct.
You have to create an exchange rate for USD, but leave the starting date blank.
This will NOT be used by the system so there’s no risk in doing that.
My best guess is (i’ve never actually looked at this import-routine) that the import validates whether or not an exchange rate exists, BEFORE it enters the posting date.

Since you run into this rather basic issue at this point, i’m sure that you encounter this problem in a test-environment, not in live database/company.
So what is the risk to just try to create an exchange rate, and define some totally ridiculous rate, then you can for sure see that it is the correct rate that is used in the end.

I do have currency exchange rates set up for USD with a valid starting date. (NAV does not accept to leave the starting date field Blank!). This is the first thing I checked when I encountered this problem. I think the problem is somewhere else.

And yes, you are right: I am using a test environnement. Thanks for your support.

Sorry, i need to read your initial post properly…
I read it as 2 ', which indicates a blank value…

Activate the debugger, and run the import again.
(Remember to untick Break-point on triggers unless you have REALLY much time on your hand [:D])

That will cause the debugger to fire, when the line of code is fired that looks for this exchange rate.
That might give us an idea as to what to do.

Hi,

Are you migrating/mapping a Posting Date?

Using the debugger, I can see that the Date value is blank. NAV is trying to find a currency with a blank date. Amount and Currency values are well transfered but surprisingly not the Date. The import in NAV from Excel file is working well. But it seems that the Date information is lost when trying to validate the line.

Yes. I am migrating data using Excel mapping tool to load data into the Gen Journal line.

Hi,

The data migration tool validate each field and when validating the amount field it check for the currency factor at the posting date hence the error. Are you sure you mapping “Posting Date” and not “Document Date”?

Yes, I am mapping the “Posting Date” not “Document Date”

Hi,

The data migration is a bit “querky” so I normally use the older RIM tools.

Try importing without the amount field to insert the lines and then include the amount field on a second run.

Dave,

I have tried what you suggested with no better chances. I have changed my database to the Cronus database and the result is the same. Apparently, for some reasons, the “Posting Date” is lost during the validation process when using the Excel mapping tool to populate general journal line (table 81). May be this is a bug !!! What do you think ?

For those who would like to try to reproduce the case, here are the steps:

1. Export Posting Date, Amount, Amount LCY, Currency fields from Table 81 to Excel file using Administration>Company Setup>Data Migration

2. Populate the excel file with one line. Make sur you have a foreign currency entered in the Currency field. Do not leave blank. Add also an Amount, an Amount LCY and a Posting Date

3. Import the file back to NAV.

4. Validate the entries with “Apply Migration Data” on the “Migration” button

5. The following errors should appear in the Migration Errors column: "There is no Currency Exchange Rate within the filter. Filters: Currency Code: USD, Starting Date:”…”.

Please let us know if you have a chance to try these steps.

Thanks.

Hi Caliste,

Which version are you on?
I just tried to reproduce the error, according to your instructions above, but didn’t get any error.
I even tried to delete the value of the posting date in the excel-sheet, so there’s no way any date could come from there, and still no error message.

I tested in a 5.0 SP1, CRONUS Denmark (danish version)

Interesting. !

I am using Dynamics NAV 6.0 French version. Are you using a multiple currency as suggested ? Have you entered a foreign currency code in th Currency field ? This important as I get no error as well with Currency set to Blank. Please confirm.

I will try same on my side with 5.0 SP1 and let you know.

same error encountered…i’m using NAV 5.0 SP1. still remain unresolved.

If you in a data migration process using Administration>Company Setup>Data Migration menu to load data into Table 81. and getting back the following error message:

There is no Currency Exchange Rate within the filter. Filters: Currency Code: USD, Starting Date:”…”

If you have set the Exchange Rates Correctly then:

I have tried this and it works, If its Opening Balances, then on the Bank Accounts Card, Remove the Currency Code for all Bank Account s Involved, then Upload the Data. BEFORE Posting, SET again the Currency Code.

I hope this helps Some one. :wink:

Ensure that the posting date is entered. The psoting date is used to get the appropriate exch. rate applicable translation.