The server is unavailable. Check your configuration and network connection and try again" in Ax 2012 R2

Hi All

i’m installed the 1) Database 2)Aos 3) Client in Ax 2012 r2,After installation am trying to open the Ax Client but it’s not working and than raise an ERROR like…

"The server is unavailable. Check your configuration and network connection and try again" in Ax 2012 R2"

i’m trying to start the AOS but it’s not started.

I don’t know why it happen like this…

Plz give me valuable suggestion it’s urgent…

Thanks,

Pavan.

Go to event viewer to see which error prevents AOS from starting. That’s the very first thing you should do in such a situation.

(By the way, couldn’t you update your message instead of posting additional, corrected ones? I have to go and delete old ones manually.)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply,

When i’m going to start the AOS service facing like, this type of ERROR…

Try resetting the logon password for the service.

Go to properties of the service and navigate to logon tab. Give your Account and password and check if the service starts.

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your reply,

I am going to changed the account and password as per your mail,but still i’m facing the Same issue…

Is there any another way to solve this issue…

The error clearly says the same as I: “For more information, review the System Event Log”. If you don’t want to do it, good luck then…

Hi martin,

Sorry for the late reply,Just check the Event log ERROR and give the Best Solution…

Either your application folder is somewhere else and you should fix the configuration, or it is corrupt. Review its content and permissions (the AOS service account must have read/write access).