The 'Report Period StartDate' parameter is missing a value

Hi

While running the Vendor Balance report i am getting the below error

suggest me any one

vendbalance.PNG

Do you mean the Vendor balance List? Have you specified the period start date parameter?
It should return the warning before your run the report. Any changes to that report?

Please provide enough details. So that someone will not spend time in extracting the issue/requirement from you.

Hi
Accounts payable>>Reports>> Status>>VendorBalanceReport.

Yes kranthi i have specified Parameters FromDate and ToDate.
No changes, this one is standard report.

Capture123.PNG

I can see another parameter - report period start data and that is missing on your’s.
Look at the related contract, \Classes\VendProvisionalBalanceContract

Hi kranthi,

In VendProvisionalBalanceContract class validate() method i commenting the some lines of code
please check the code and if any thing wrong correct me

public boolean validate()
{
if (! this.parmFromDate())
{
return checkFailed(strFmt("@SYS26332", “@SYS24050”));
}
//-- anil changed on 07 jun 2017
//if (this.parmFromDate() > this.parmReportPeriodStartDate())
//{
//if (!this.parmReportPeriodStartDate())
//{
//return checkFailed(strFmt("@SYS26332", “@SYS77879”));
//}
//
//return checkFailed(strFmt("@SYS55013", date2StrUsr(this.parmFromDate(), DateFlags::FormatAll), date2StrUsr( this.parmReportPeriodStartDate(), DateFlags::FormatAll)));
//}

if (this.parmFromDate() > this.parmToDate())
{
return checkFailed("@SYS16982");
}

return true;
}

Thanks

Please let us know why you are commenting the code…

Actually Report parameter form thay don’t want to show report period start date so i commenting code. and hide the that field on visual studio also. but here giving some date on report period start date report working perfectly

Please help me

Capture1234455.PNG

It means the report is dependent on that date.

Either assign a default value or determine a value based on from and to dates entered.

See here, technet.microsoft.com/…/aa596500.aspx

Hi

I found the solution.

In visual studio Parameters ReportPeriodStartDate field Properties put the Allow Blank, Nullable True and Visibility Hidden its working fine

Thank you so much Kranthi

89696.PNG

This however makes the parameter invisible and will not have any impact on the report logic that is dependent on that parameter.