TCP/IP error 10093 and 10038 when closing the company

Hello Experts,

when I’m closing a company (or the database), I receive more or less always the error message

“TCP/IP network sent error code 10093” or alternatively “10038”, I tried to find out what the meaning of these errors is and found the following in MSDN:

WSAENOTSOCK = An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket

WSANOTINITIALISED = Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed.

The error comes (when debugging) somewhere around the “LoginEnd” of the CU 1.

Any ideas how to avoid that ?

Running 4.0 SP2 Build 22611 on client and native server

Anything in the Event Log for both Server/Client?

also try doing a ping -t and see if you get any packet loss…

In the mean time I’ll try and think of some other things it could be.

T

This is all no problem, and the worst thing: it happens 4 out of 5 times only.

My guess would be that the command for “Company”,“Close” is running in a kind of multithread. On one hand trying to run through some C/AL code and on the other hand already disconnecting somehow from the server. The error actually comes inside debugger on a table operation !!!

Dear

This problem might be coming when you are trying to access the database from server & your close command already lost connection with server.

Try to reinstall Navision again & also check the TCP/IP property of the system also check that this error occurs on a single machine or on all machine.

Ashish

You running any personal firewall stuff?

I know personal firewalls can screw up the Debugger.

Is there anything in the database that is relying on connections outside of Navision. Like Outlook integration.

Just stabbing here! [:D]

Sorry for replying that late.

Actually I’m trying to close a lot of listeners running in my program (when the LoginEnd function runs).

But anyway. At this stage, the system should not have lost the connection at all !!!