system requirements

i want to buy a laptop for AX2012 R3 practice

plz tell me the configuration for MSD AX 2012 R3 and R2.

RAM?

harddisk?

processor?

company?

My budget 25000 to 30000/-RS

Hi,

You can go through the below link which is System requirements for Microsoft Dynamics Ax 2012 R3 Updated by Microsoft;

https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=11094

Thanks,

Manjunadh

thanks for u r reply Manjunadh.

but in that link specifications are not mentioned

What specifications you are looking for? If you go through the document, you can find the core specifications of RAM & processor details.

Based on these specifications, you can check the other configurations with price for system in online of your choice,.

8gb RAM is enough for AX r3 or not?

8GB RAM is recommended to maintain servers in system and for installing AX 2012 R3.

It all depends on what you mean by having AX on your laptop. Will you host there AOS, SQL Server, SSAS, SharePoint, retail components and so on? Do you intend to use virtual machines, such as AX demonstration VMs from Microsoft?

thank u manjunadh

virtual demo software for practice

Then please consult the technical guide for the particular demonstration VM. For example, this is for AX 2012 R3 Solutions Demo Package V2.0:

• Supported Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
    Note: to use the virtual machines on an operating system other than Microsoft Windows Server 2012; for example, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, or an older version of Microsoft Windows Server, you need to re-create the virtual machines (…)
  • Hyper-V role enabled
  • Drive formatting: NTFS
  • Processor: Intel VT or AMD-V capable
  • RAM: 32 GB or more recommended
  • Hard disk space required for install: 300 GB
  • Internet access (required for activating the virtual machines)
  • VHD and RAM for each virtual machine, as outlined in the following table. (…)