Switch between telephone and Navision

Has anyone some experience with integration between navision 2.60 and a telephone system? What our customer needs is that when a prospect calls him by telephone , the prospect card opens automatically Have you idea, what switch board and sofware should be used ? thanks stéphane

Octocon has a solution for this: http://www.octocon.de/toolbox/index.htm Regards Billing Consultant Gustav Jensen TeleBilling A/S Denmark Edited by - itpart on 2/14/01 1:51:59 PM

Salut Steph, With in Navision you could use the Microsoft API called TAPI to interface Navision to telephony devices such as PABXes. tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Hi Tarek, Could you be more precise talking about “use the Microsoft API called TAPI to interface Navision to telephony devices such as PABXes.” ? I noticed many subject talking about this in navision.net or mynavision.net, but I must admit that I’m a real technical rookie. I’m not asking for a full lesson, but I would be greatful if you could gimme some tips or ressources to go further in this field. Thanks in advance.

MAPI is an OCX that you can register in Navision (Tools/Custom Control), for the specifics about this API I suggest you check MSDN and buy this book : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672309289/qid=983172698/sr=1-2/ref=sc_b_2/107-7625118-8942960 Bon Courage! tarek_demiati@ureach.com

We are currently working on such a solution for our customer (call center). Do not hesitate to contact me.

As far as i have heard, it will be possible to trigger external events in 2.65 - i.e. incoming phonecalls. Using the TAPI-Interface you then should be able to pop up a window on an incoming call.

quote:

Originally posted by rmotzer As far as i have heard, it will be possible to trigger external events in 2.65

I’m afraid this is not entirely correct. In fact it’s confusing as we are facing three new releases: NF 2.60D (30.3.01) will contain User Portal and XML. NF 2.65 (Q2/01) will contain BizTalk NF W 3.0 (15.5.01): Will have all the functionality we dream about. It also has to be pointed out that the Navision 3.0 Application Server requires Windows 2000 Server. Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

Hi Mr. Motzer :slight_smile: I tried the navision:://client stuff to run a client with a specific form and object in 2.65 and it works. So, besides the COM events, you have an additional possibility to react on an external “event” Now I’ll test the COM event thing… Bye, Torsten