ssrs report parameter access in controller class

Hello, friends

I have an SSRS report with several parameter values which you can enable/disable through dialog window before report is run (screenshot attach). I need to access these parameter values and choose the right report design based on specific conifguration(four of them on/ others off). My first thoughts would be that its possible through report Controller class, where it would be possible to access the parameter values and and then choose the right report. Could you please suggest me on how to access the parameter values in controller (are they actually already filled in controller class?, maybe there are better options?). Simple code line would be nice. It would be nice if you could help me in this.

Best regards,

Roberts

Whether parameters are already filled in depends on where you do it. A controller exists both before showing a dialog and after that.

You can find examples in the class itself. For example, if you open preRunModifyContract() method, you’ll see how the standard code gets the value of the “ShowLog” parameter:

showLog = this.parmReportContract().parmRdlContract().getParameter(ParameterShowLog).getValueTyped();

Note that it’s usually easier, because more reports use a data contract class to define parameters.

Thanks Martin!

The only bad thing is that you cant access parameter value before you have defined report values - controller.parmReportName(ssrsReportStr(EBTransferJournal, Report)). If you havent defined the report then calling parameter value gives you error that first you should define it.

Best regards,

Roberts