SQL

Hello, I would like to know if someone have any experience with SQL 2000 SP3. Do you know any advantage why I should install it. We are working with clusters,Attain 3.10 and WINDOWS 2000. Would be helpfull for me to know because I was told that a blue screen can happend after the installation of SQL SP3 on clusters. Thank You [8)] Vanina

As always with Service Packs, at least to my idea… Only install new service packs : - when you have an issue on your current system - when the bugfix list of the SP mentions something related to your issue. Otherwise : no go.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” Absolutely agree with gco’s reply! Especially with regards to Microsoft products!

quote:

Originally posted by CMDunbar
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” Absolutely agree with gco’s reply! Especially with regards to Microsoft products!

Indeed : good ENGINEERING practice.

Well Ok, I just wondered if the SQL SP3 could make a speed difference. I think not, but [;)]

I don’t think you can expect any improvement of preformance with SP3. But MBS recommends the upgrade. We have upgraded several of our SQL databases with SP3 and everything is working fine.