SQL Sync Framework error on the prerequisites to install Retail Channel Configuration Utility for AX 2012 R3 CU12

Hello Gents,

I’m facing an error on the prerequisites to install Retail Channel Configuration Utility.

Dynamics AX Version: Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU12
SQL Version: SQL Server 2014
Prerequisite: Sync Framework Critical Hotfix KB 2703853
Error Description: Microsoft SQL Sync Framework HotFix KB 2703853 is required for store database utility to function correctly.
Windows Version: Windows server 2012 R2 (Up to date)

I did what the provided link from Microsoft advise by installing the below, to fix the issue:

1.Sync Framework 2.1

2.Framework Synchronization-v2.1
3.ProviderServices-v2.1
4.DatabaseProviders-v3.1

I installed them in the same order that the article says, but the issue is not fixed.

Any Help will be very appreciated.

Thanks A lot,
Ahmad Saify

Have you tried the link in the message (To install this hotfix, go to …)?

Hi Martin,

Yes I tried that and installed the hotfix as described in the link, but I’m facing the same error

1.Sync Framework 2.1

2.Framework Synchronization-v2.1
3.ProviderServices-v2.1
4.DatabaseProviders-v3.1

Update…

I checked the log file and this is what I found,

Checking for the existence of the registry key ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Sync Framework’.
Success
Searching for a minimum version of ‘3.1.2508.0’ and a suggested version of ‘3.1.2508.0’.
Version found: ‘3.1.1648.0’.
Check failed.

I have the most recent Sync Framework version installed, is it a registry key issue?

Are you saying that the log is wrong and your version isn’t 3.1.1648.0?

The log is correct. I can’t find this version or higher anywhere “3.1.2508.0”

You’ll get there is you install the hotfix which the installer keeps asking you to install.

Hi Martin, Thanks for the help. this is the same link from the error message on the prerequisites screen, I already did what is in the link but without any luck, this is the higher version that I can find https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19502

Can you please elaborate your problem description “but without any luck”?

Your link is for a wrong thing (the original version without the hotfix).

Update…

Issue solved by applying the Hotfix.

I got the Hotfix by contacting Microsoft Support Team, as it’s not available for download.

I’m glad that your problem has been resolved and the solution was indeed was the hotfix. Yes, the page with hotfix details (that I linked above) says that you should “submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix”.

Yes, I saw that before but I was looking for a workaround because it was a bit urgent from the customer.

Thanks a lot Martin for the help and the time you gave, much appreciated.