SQL 2.6e faster than 3.0 Beta?

Very preliminary test, but SQL 2.6e seems to be faster than SQL 3.0 Beta. Anyone else with test data on this? Jim.

I haven’t looked at SQL 3.0 so I can’t give an answer, but… There are a lot more features in 3.00 which will cause the system to slow down, most specifically the new costing method in inventory. We all remember the performance drop when they introduced the allocation table right. Or was the test run using the same database on both tests? _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

3.x has new detail ledger tables for Customer Ledger, Vendor Ledger and Item Ledger. If there is a significant volume of transactions, I would expect this would perceptively slow processing down for each database instance. Plus the new open ended Dimensions feature will also probably increase processing time (the label fields must be interpreted every time they are referenced). Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Our initial test was done by just replacing the 2.6e executables. 3.0 then went through and restructured the SQL tables, but the C/SIDE code/structure/etc was from 2.6. Jim Hollcraft NCSD, NCSP, MCP, MST aka Skater drilldot.com - Unauthorized Navision News

Obviously none of the stuff I mentioned would have an effect then. Sorry, don’t have any other information on this. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

hi the beta version of 3.0 was very slow and a I had lot of performance problems. Now i’m testing 3.01 and this looks a lot beter. Now I can post some thousand general ledgers without any problems. Nico

Navision Attain 3.01A for SQL Server is significantly faster than Navision Financials 2.6 or Navision Solutions 3.0 for almost all database operations, when using the same application. This is primarily due to extended client side caching, along with utilising cheaper cursor types.