Sorting report data

hi Martin,

How do i sort a report by a field. I mean a SSRS report is printing cheques sorted by cheque numbers, which I would like to print by recipient name. Dataset properties for report is select * from ChequeDP.ChequeTmp, when i try to add order by ChequeTmp.1.RecipientName, it gives me error.

I don’t know whether I can sort DATASET by field.

I looked into other way of doing it by inserting data into temporary table sorted, which serves my purpose but the problem with this approach is there is a field “Void” which is a reserved keyword for AX that is causing me problem. I have to have value inserted into this field but i can’t. How can i insert record in table by variable field name?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Sam

I moved your question from Store Query Range in variables thread because it doesn’t seem to be related. Please be careful about where you post your question and don’t be afraid of creating a new thread if needed.

Also, please always mention your version of AX - adding a tag is the preferred way.

About sorting, How to: Define a Sorted Data Region [AX 2012] may be what you’re looking for.

About a field with invalid name - do you have any reason not to change it to something accepted by AX?