Showing a Word-document inside Navision

A customer of my wants to show a word-document inside Navision. An item has a Word-document with information about this item. Is it possible to show this Word-document inside the item-card without starting Word. For example by using a Word-viewer. Thanks in advance.

Well, nothing is impossible… [:)] One way might be to develop a Custom Control that can display Word Documents and be called “modally” from C/SIDE. This would give the appearance that it is just one more window in Navision but it would actually be an external program. I don’t know if there are already some viewers capable of doing this. Take a look at how Navision displays Pictures in the standard Commerce Portal module.

It doesn’t seem to be an easy task… Try to understand why he would need it to be inside Navision, instead of the usual external call of MSWord. If he absolutely need to have the info shown in Navision, maybe a turn-around would use a PDF, a picture of the document (BMP), or just a few notes that could fit in the comment section…

Somebody said we can create embeded ocx using C++. But I haven’t tried yet. Just search “OCX” in this forum, you will find many threads about this topic. Here is one useful message. http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6310&SearchTerms=ocx

There is a Word Viewer available at no charge from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9BBB9E60-E4F3-436D-A5A7-DA0E5431E5C1&displaylang=EN If there are no requirements other than the desire to view a Word document from within Navision, a Navision routine could easily SHELL out and call the Word Viewer executable.

Thanks for the solutions. Calling Word or a Word-viewer is not the solutions because my customer wants to scroll through the items. When an item is shown in a card-form, the linked word-document must be shown too. I have already seen a solution where an embedded internet explorer is shown on a Navision-form. I have sent an email to the programmer of the demo and i’m waiting for an answer from him.

quote:

Originally posted by elwin
Thanks for the solutions. Calling Word or a Word-viewer is not the solutions because my customer wants to scroll through the items. When an item is shown in a card-form, the linked word-document must be shown too. I have already seen a solution where an embedded internet explorer is shown on a Navision-form. I have sent an email to the programmer of the demo and i’m waiting for an answer from him.

Please keep us informed on the solution, … if any.

Hi all, Please have a look at www.matriks.com for their solution named Matrix.Doc Ver.3 (You can contact Mr. Frederik Ottesen at his e-mail fo@matriks.com) I believe that, it is a very helpful tool for document managament. Regards. Esat Karaöz / OMNI