Shop Floor Registration

Hi,

We use Shop floor registration for the capturing the labour hours for production order in DAX 2009.

In the shop floor parameters we have enabled the registration for Queue before,Setup and Runtime for this job type.

We are able to clockin and clock out for the above 3 job type and able to specity the good qty. But when we try to calculate,approve and trasfer the labour times, DAX throws error message feebback of hours cannot be made for jobs of type queue before.

The autobooked journals are been created in the Production orders and even when we try to post the journal from Production order, the same error message exists.

I need to overcome the above error message and need to the post the journal and end the production order.

Regards,

Satish EC

Queue time is not real time it is scheduling time, so you do not book it - probably why it is throwing an error, I suggest you remove the registration for queue before. Not tested it but I would guess its removal would resolve it. Not sure it is designed to register queue before, but you would need to clarify this with Microsoft.

Hi Adam,

Queue time before and after is not in real time scheduling. I have given the Queue time as a primary in jobs scheduling.

If I dont register the Queue time in Shop floor registration screen, system does not allow to post the RAF, since the Primary job output is not completed. To overcome this i have enabled the registration for Quete times.

After enabling the system allows to make post the RAF, but not able to post the Autobooked Jobcards journals.

Any way to resolve this issue, I need to post the journal.

Regards,

Satish EC

So in short you have configured it in a way so it will not work [:D] The issue is you have made queue time a registration on the job type, so it wants one. As said the way to resolve it is not to have queue as your prmiary time in a job type to enable booking. I suggest you pick this up with Microsoft. It is not a requirement I have ever had and I am not going to model this, I am just suggesting you are creating your own problem by setting it up in this manner - you are creating the conflict.