Shipment to Invoice link

What is the logical link between the Sales Shipment Header table (110) and the Sales Invoice Header table (112) ? Neither table refer to the other, and there seems not to be a logical link via the Sales Header table (36). I am trying to add the shipment reference nnumber to an invoice layout. Thanks, Peter Hodgson.

Peter, Link between the two tables - Order No. field. What version of Navision Financials / Attain are you running?

2.00c Financials. The order number field is ok, but if you have multiple shipments and invoices for the same order, how do you substantiate that a particular invoice relates to a particular shipments (proof of shipment) ? Thanks.

Navision does not require an Invoice to Link to a single shipment or vice versa. You can have: a) 3 Shipment, 1 Invoice b) 1 Invoice, 3 Shipments c) 2 Shipments, 2 Invoices with a mix of the Shipped Items d) etc. The only rule is that you can only Invoice what has been shipped.

You must still be able to reference a shipment (line) to an invoice (line), though ?

quote:

Originally posted by chrisk
Navision does not require an Invoice to Link to a single shipment or vice versa. You can have: a) 3 Shipment, 1 Invoice b) 1 Invoice, 3 Shipments c) 2 Shipments, 2 Invoices with a mix of the Shipped Items d) etc. The only rule is that you can only Invoice what has been shipped.

But Peters question is interesting. Is it possible to track (link) in one invoice parts of different shipments when other parts of the shipments are invoiced with another invoice? bye André

IMHO You can only really do this when you ship and invoice at the same time. As said before no tracking because of the possibility to have multiple shipments for 1 invoice or vice versa.

Then there is no system-level proof that a shipment has been invoiced ?

quote:

Originally posted by peterh
Then there is no system-level proof that a shipment has been invoiced ?

The proof is the field ‘Quantity invoiced’ on the Sales Shipment Line (compared to the ‘Quantity’ field in on the same line).

Hi The Stock Shipped Not Invoiced report would also help, and I presume runs off the field Walter points out.

Thanks. The original point of the question was to include the posted shipment reference number on the invoice. The factoring company we use required cross reference between the shipment (and therefore the carrier proof of delivery) and the invoice. Seems I’m on to a loser, except via the order number.

…which has the problems of multiple shipments and invoices per order.

Hi Peter You would need to get your NSC to modify the posting routine so the shipment header number is pushed onto the invoice line. Then you could pull the number forward against each invoice line per multiple shipment.

Steven I didn’t see your posting [:(]. Hi Peter One hint: Ask your NSC to place a field on the invoice where the user can type in or select the shipment to be invoiced. This field should be transfered to the posted invoice. bye André

Thanks for the input.

Hi André Of course I believe you - if you were blatantly trying to boost your star score you would have posted the apology in a separate posting as well [:D]

Peter, When you run the Combine Shipments periodic activity, the invoice created actually shows the shipment details on the invoice lines with an extra line at the beginning of each shipment line, telling you what Shipment No. the lines refer to. Other than that, I have to agree with the others, get your NSC to write a modification to give you this functionality. [:)]