several g/l account in one journal

I want to ask about the several g/l account in one journal For example : I want to inputed opening balance as Office Equipment Rp. 1.000.000 Land Rp. 5.000.000 Deposit Rp. 2.000.000 Capital Stock Rp. 8.000.000 Can this transaction be inputted in the General Journal for batch name Opening Balance ? Thanks for the coorporation Best Regards, Agatha

Yes, You can, but you need to add additoinal balansing line. As common I create additional account with name “Open Entries”. After you enter all begining balance this account should be 0; “Open Entries” - 16.000.000 Open Accoun Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

Agatha Just one point for normal journals if you are using a balancing line then you must balance by date. So opening G/L balances (all the same Date) can be balanced by a single line to a suspense account. Exclude Debtors and Creidtor control Balances in Opening balances, but include the VAT opening Balance. Debtors and Creditor opening document balances should be posted in a Sales or Purchase journal per Doc Type, Doc No. Document’s “Remaining value Only”, balanced to suspense per line as the Posting dates will Differ. Remember to update the due date and set the Sales Tax or Vat Postings to give Zero VAT as output and Input VAT liability will have to be calulated over the two systems for the next return. Then the aging for the Vendors and Customers Statements will work fine. I often still see single enties for Customers Opening Balance posted or descriptions like “Inv 1233456 from Sage” Suspense Should nett off to zero when you have finished. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk