Setting up Dataport

Hello, and my apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum. I’m a web developer/webmaster, very comfortable with working with ASP, MS SQL Server & Access, but a Navision newbie. I’ve been tasked with importing data from an online/web time & expense entry system called Unanet into Navision Financials 2.0. The Unanet program has a “Navision compatible” template to export expense data to .csv/text files. Through some very helpful (and quick!) responses to my first post, it sounds like setting up a Dataport will be the quickest way to import theses files into Navision. But I’m having a bit of a hard time getting started because of lack of documantation. The Navision application developers guide I was given just mentions the term “Dataport” once, no explanation on how to set up. Any tips on getting started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any suggestions, and especially to the moderators for such a great resource!

Hi scanlon, hope i can help you again, this time more sepcifically. Documentation: have a look at your Navision product CD and search for the Documentation (usually in the Install Client Section), specifically for the Application Designer Guide. Otherwise you might directly search for w1w1adg.pdf - it’s the whole designers guide in pdf format and the whole chapter is dedicated to dataports (about 40 pages). Just post if you have luck with that way, otherwise I can post a little description… Saludos Nils