Setting OF Change Quantity In Purchase order And Sales Order

Hi All,

in Accounts payable when i want to Change Quantity in Purchase order Line If Quantity is More Than Previous Quantity , error Occur “Quantity cannot be reduced because the remaining update quantity changes sign”

and in Accountsreceivable when i want to Change Quantity in Sales Order if Quantity is Less Than Previous Quantity , error Occur “Quantity cannot be reduced because the remaining update quantity changes sign”

Does anyone knows Where i Change or Remove This Setting IN Dynamics Ax.

thanks all,

The situation can occur when you are trying to reduce the order quantities after physical update. There is no setup and the behavior is intended.

Example: In purchase order scenario you have received qty 20(posting packing slip) and if you try to reduce the order quantity it will not allow you to change(you can only increase it), to reduce the order quantity you need to actually reduce the posted physical quantity by posting another packing slip

Dear Jalal,

in purchase order if you want to reduce the quantity from the actual physical received quantity then you have to cancel posted Packing slip.

once the packing slip is cancel then you can again go for the entire process of receiving and can receive the correct quantity.

in case quantity you want to increase then it is very simple if that item qty ordered in PO was 30 and you received 20 and posted the packing slip now while invoice you noticed that 10 is also available so simple cancel your invoicing posting and make one more packing slip for the 10 qty and then start invoicing this will solve your problem.