Service Item Group question

Good Morning, I am the service manager for a manufacturing company and a new user to Navision.

I am wondering if it is possible to associate a single part across multiple platforms. The reason that I ask is that I work for a manufacturing company that uses common parts across multiple machine platforms and I am trying to limit the the service item components that are viewed at any given time to only the parts that can be used in this machine.

Maybe a better way to put this is that part A may be used in machine X, machine Y and machine Z. If I use a Product group code and a Service item group code that associates Part A to Machine X, how can I get this part to be available for machine Y and machine Z? If I use a code that will associate this part to all three machines, it is my impression that parts which are exclusive to machine X will not be displayed. Is this correct? and if so, how do I overcome this?

Thank you for your time,

Eric

Maybe I’m wrong, but your service items should be the machines X,Y,Z sold to certain customers and not the spare parts (like A & B).

Create the machine as an Item (make it an assembly, assign it a product & Service group ) and Assign BOM components (you can assign > Create a service Item assigning this item (Machine) > Create A service Order with the service Item (Machine) as a line Item > Open Worksheet from the Service Item on the Service Order to View / Edit / modify BOM Components / Post Consume.

You can also set Service Item to be auto-generated every time you sell one from the sales order.