Server Requirements

Hi ! I need to set up : 65 users from 7 different offices connected through Citrix to an Attain3.60 Server. 30 users connected directly. Database will probably be C/Side. Where can I find some help about the hardware requirements (number of CPU’s, memory, disks, RAID…) of both Attain and Citrix servers ? Does anyone have some experience about this kind of configuration and give me some tips ? Thanks for any response

Try doing a search on ‘citrix’ and ‘hardware’ etc - there are many former postings on this topic. I would think the first decision should be which database as this will greatly effect the required infrastructure…

Hi Fredh, for citrix i don´n have information, but for navision i can give some info. you need only one prozessor for c/side with 1 GB RAM ecc. It shoud be a Xeon IV because the internal cache. a possible configuration can be RAID1, a RAID controller with 4 channel, 2 harddisk for w2k, and many harddisk for the database. maybe 16 harddisk 15.000 rpmin are very good. Netcard with 1 Gbit one problem on c/side can be that all 65 user will user the same table (p.E. sales tables). Don´t forget, navision needs harddisk, more harddisk, good raid controller! ciao Jan

Thanks for your responses. I had read the former messages but I was wondering whether Navision gives its own requirements. I’ve heard of some docs that would be available… I also remember that some years ago, some tests had been made with several kind of servers and one could read the benchmarks. Anyway, I’ve built a system with everything I’ve read here. Thanks again.