Server Installation Problem in win2003 server

We have upgraded my server from winnt4 server to win2003 server. We are using Navision financial ver2.6b. Tried to Install Navision server in win2003 server, but I am getting an error “Error 1920. service failed to start verify that you have sufficient previleges to start system services” where as I loged in as administrator Is windows 2003 compatability prob. with navision 2.6B

Hi Ravi, If you are using windows2003 server, then the Navion version must be above 3.10 ie 3.60 or higher. Windows 2003 server do not suppost Navsion 3.10 lower versions. Regards Harikesh

Navision 2.xx will run just fine on Windows 2003. Microsoft only supports version 3.60 and 3.70 on Windows 2003 but that DOES NOT mean that the other versions will not run as happy as ever. NET HELPMSG 1920 will tell you that The file can not be accessed by the system. Please check that no process is accessing the .fdb file or that the .fdb file resides in a folder where the Service has sufficient access privileges. This, of course, if you are running the Native Database, not SQL Server.