Sending emails from Navision via Lotus Notes

Hi, Has anybody been able to send emails from Navision via Lotus Notes. If so, please can we have some advice on what to do ?

Yes, I have sent email from Navision via Lotus Notes. I used codeunit 397 and it worked fine. You can find more information about it on this website. Regards Gudmundur Petursson

The email functionality in Navision uses whichever email program Windows uses as its default email program. That is, the program which pops up when you click on a Mailto link with your browser is the same program Navision uses when you click on the email icon. In the shrinkwrapped windows, this means that Navision will be using Outlook, but there are many other mailers you can choose. As far as I know, Lotus Notes should not pose any special difficulties… ------- Tim Horrigan

As I remember, the mail program you want to use has to be installed before Navision Financials. This will take care that the right MAPI (?) interface is being used. Joerg Feldhofen

To keep a long story short: Lotus Notes has to be the default MAPI2.0 client. It doesn’t matter whether or not Notes is being installed before or after Navision. The only thing Navision does is issuing MAPI 2.0 calls to whichever program is set-up to process them. Marcus Fabian phone: +41 79 4397872 m.fabian@thenet.ch

quote:

Originally posted by G.Petursson: Yes, I have sent email from Navision via Lotus Notes. I used codeunit 397 and it worked fine. You can find more information about it on this website. Regards Gudmundur Petursson

Which website?

I am referring to the only one - this one - Navision.net is the ONE. Regards Gudmundur Petursson Regards Gudmundur Petursson

LaserNet Mail Makes it possible to send all finished forms automatically through standard mail systems that support Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes. The form is attached to an e-mail in PDF-format (Portable Document Format), and address, subject, and contents are filled in automatically based on information received from the data stream.