Sending a file name and binary file content to BC SaaS web service to load into blob field

What I have now works, but is very slow - I am wondering if there is a more modern solution please?

I have binary file data stored in a table (blob field) along with the original file name and other fields derived from the file name - I can manually import data using UploadIntoStream however I need to automate this process, calling a web service to load the data.

I have a CodeUnit which is passed the File Name (Text) and File Content (BigText) - this is called from a VB .Net application that uses a soap envelopment and does a Convert.ToBase64String on the file content.

The CodeUnit needs to convert the Base64 to back binary to store in the Blob field (the same way UploadIntoStream would store the data).

I found some code that does this ( ALCodeSamples/Base64Convert at master ยท ajkauffmann/ALCodeSamples (github.com).

However is takes 20 seconds to load an empty Excel workbook and about 15 minutes to load one that is only 1Mb in size.

Is there a quicker (run time) way to achieve this please?

Regards, Gareth.

Why do you want all those binary files into your database?
I think it is better to save the binary files outside your database.
In the system app there a module called blob storage.
If you save it to a blob storage then you can retrieve it via the Blob storage module inside bc.

In this way your database keep small and it is very performed.