Searchable form based on two tables

I want to create a tabular (and non-editable) form showing information from both the Purchase Line and Purchase Header table. I would like to know how to make the Purchase Header fields searchable. I created a tabular form based on the Purchase Line table, and then added other columns (such as “Vendor Shipment No.”) from a PurchHdr variable; OnAfterGetRecord contains the following code: PurchHdr.GET(“Document No.”,“Document Type”) This shows the information just as I want it, and I can set filters and do searches on the Purchase Line fields, but not on the Purchase Header fields. One option mentioned in another thread is to add a FlowField to the Purchase Line table;this FlowField would do a lookup on the Vendor Shipment No. field (for example). However, my colleagues do not like the idea of adding new fields. Another solution is to create a new table, with all the required Header and Line fields; the form would have a temporary record for this table, which it would populate before the form opens. However, this would require a temporary table with several thousand records. Is there any other way of making fields from both fields searchable, without adding fields to the Purchase tables, and without creating large temporary tables? Thanks, Alastair

you can use lookup flowfields in purchase line which gets the fields you want from the purchase header

I think that the flowfields are your best option. Is there a reason that you (your colleagues) don’t want to add new fields? Note that you can’t key a Flowfield, so your searches might be slow. If you need the Header fields to be in your Key(s), then you will have to populate these new fields.