Sales Order line bug

Dear All, I got a funny porblem in Sales or Purchase order line description. In fact the field length for description is 50 but when i try to type alphanumeric it accepts less than 40 char and that too it is not consistent.only if it is numeric it goes upto 50 char but the rest is very unpreditaable sometimes it accept 35,38,45,48,42 so on Is this a Bug or what. Please advice.Thanks in advance. Best Rgds Puspak

This sound really strange. I can think (guess actually) of 2 reasons. 1. There is a modification somewhere, which prevents you from typing more characters. 2. Are the some of the characters you are trying to type double-byte in some way. I don’t know much about the charset you are using in Singapore, but this COULD be the reason. Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

Well jus to clarify. there is no Modification. As for Double byte is concern We don’t have it . I am sure, if you are using NA3.10 you also must be having the same problem. Rgd Patro

Patro, I have to disappoint you but: 3.10A S’pore version: No problems 3.10A Thai Beta version: No problems 3.10 S’pore (never released): No problems (OS W2K advanced server) Regards Walter

I don’t have that problem either Lars Strøm Valsted ------------------------- Why can’t programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween? Because OCT(31) = DEC(25)

quote:

Originally posted by lstroem: I don’t have that problem either

We’re fine here in North America, too. I wouldn’t think that numbers would have anything to do with it. As soon as you type a number into a text field in Navision, it is getting stored as a String byte instead of a numerical byte. If you’re getting this in a vanilla database, then you should place a support request back to your NTR. Regards! Kristopher Webb Kelar Corporation, Canada

Well I think then I have to meet my NTR support with my database. Thanks a lot for your information.I was wondering was it a bug or something specifc to my database. Best Rgds Patro