Sales Line Table very slow!

Hi everybody! I have a problem in a Database (Navision Financials 2.6): When i want to run the Sales Line Table from the Object Designer, for each record it takes about 5 seconds. in the sales line table there are around 45500 records. so, to run the Sales Line table it would take up to 2,5 days. Why is this Table so horrible slow?

Do You have flowfields in the table? When You open a table all flowfields are calculated. It will only take two days if You scroll the whole table. Otherwise Navision only reads the table that shows. /Lars

Hi, i think you have at least one Calc-Field in Table 37 (Sales Line) with bad Key Usage. Use the Client Monitor to look for that field/(s). And you don’t need to view all 45500 (takes 2,5 days), to find bad Key Usage. Is this a Client/Server or Local database? Is only the Sales Line so slowly or other Tables also. br Josef Metz

Hallo Josef, woher krige ich den Client Monitor? Die Datenbank ist Lokal

Hallo Antoine, Client monitor is a tool like Debugger You can all it in Tools Menue (below Debugger) - click Start-Button in Client Monitor window - do Run to Table 37 - click Stop-Button in Client Monitor window - analyze entires in Client Monitor window - look especially to paramter “Records Read”, it should be less then 10, if higher you have found the database acces that makes all slow. br Josef Metz

Thanx to all you! especially to Josef Metz! Problem solved!

Hello Josef

quote:

Originally posted by jm
… Client monitor is a tool like Debugger You can all it in Tools Menue (below Debugger) - click Start-Button in Client Monitor window …

That sounds interesting. But what should I do if the client monitor is always disabled [?]. Navision 3.01 B bye André

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
But what should I do if the client monitor is always disabled

As with everything in Navision, you need the appropriate license file entry to use it [;)]

Hallo André, i think that your licence did not include Granule: 2,000 Tools - Client Monitor i don’t know, if you can update this, perhaps this is reserved for NSC’s, but ask your NSC. br Josef Metz

@Josef Thank you. I didn’t read your last posting before I posted this. Hi Heinz It seems we could open a private forum today [:D].

quote:

Originally posted by xorph
… As with everything in Navision, you need the appropriate license file entry to use it [;)] …

Hmm. I love the Navisions licence policy [:(!]. Do I have to buy the client monitor additionally? Or is only the entry missing? We have the following design - tools: Report Designer Formular Designer Tabellen Designer Application Builder Solution Developer bye André

Yeap. And it’s not cheap either. /Lars