Sales Budget vs G/L Budget with Sales information

Hello Everyone!

I am glad to have joined this great community and hope to be able to contribute to its success!

At this moment I have an issue with Sales Budgets in NAV, could you please help?

I know that we can have G/L Budgets and add relevant dimensions into it. But I am not sure about the purpose of the Sales Budget.

When I type Sales Budget in NAV 2013 and select/create a new budget, after clicking “Edit Budgets” I get into Sales Budget Overview, where I can choose “Item Budget Name”, then “Show as Lines” etc.

My questions are:

1. Why the first field is called “Item Budget Name”? It looks like we can enter Sales Targets as amounts an ignore item quantities.

2. Does this budget have any relationship to the G/L Budget? It appears that we shouldn’t enter any GL codes here.

3. What is the purpose of this Budget? Is it just to track sales ledger sales independently to the GL Ledger?

4. Do companies use Sales Budget or it is one of those features that is there but rarely used?

Thank you very much!!

Best wishes,

Tigran

I couldn’t find answers to any of these on the net or manuals. Can anyone advise? Thank you.