runtime

1. Item card say tooth brush with unit of measure is pieces as I keep my inventory in pieces. I also sell in pcs and if required I purchase in pieces only. 2) The runtime for one production cycle is 1 hr. 3) In one production cycle I produce 20 pieces. 4) I create production order for 40 pieces as there is a sales order for 40 pieces. 5) As per the system time required to produce 40 pieces is 40 hrs. This is because system multiple Qty required by run time. 6) But in above scenario to produce 40 pieces I only require 2 hrs. How to achieve this if it is possible in the base product. 7) If I change the UOM in production order to achieve 2 hrs than output is also in that unit and my inventory will be increased by 2 with UOM as box which is wrong. Any suggestion how to handle it .

Hi Abhay

quote:

1. The runtime for one production cycle is 1 hr.

Your runtime on the routing is 3 minutes, assuming you have one op, and we are talking about the production start to finish.

steven, What you want to say by mentioning runtime as 3 minutes. I am saying runtime is 1 hr, this I have taken to simplify the calculation.

HI Abhay, Look at the set up.Steven is right. You have mentioned a runtime of 1 hour.But have not mentioned that how 20 tooth brushes are rpoduced in 1 hour. On the same machine? The process is parallel for all 20 toothbrushes? than u need to define the capacity of your machine/work centre accordingly. also, In the routing set up, the Routing should be maintained accordingly. Try changing the Capacity field to 20 in your machine centre scheduling Tab. I hope this clears your doubts.Write back if your problem is not solved. Regards, DD

quote:

Originally posted by dharmendra
Write back if your problem is not solved.

I’m sure he will…

Hi DD, In the mould there are 20 cavities and there is only one injection moulding machine, so as suggested by you capacity is not applicable here. I hope you now agree it is not the question of capacity. I am telling one practical scenario and asking is it possible , if yes than what is the setup required. Abhay

Abhay, Maybe it is because of your English, if so do not read further. But I do not really like your grammar style. This is a place of people volunteering to provide some help for free, your intonation is not showing any appreciation. Why don’t you start by reading the manufacturing course and try some settings out yourself in stead of asking questions and questions without trying yourself ?

Hi Abhay The set up required is a run time of 3 minutes as stated earlier [:D]. Your “simplification of the calculation” makes it an incorrect setting, I would advise setting it correctly to get the system to work!

I do agree what is suggested but after going through all the material I am asking the question. I do understand we all here are as a team and people are spending there valuable time in answering the question. I am sorry for any wrong statements .

Hi Abhay You asked the question - “how do I set this correctly”, I think I have answered this, unless you want to re-phrase the question?

Hi Abhay Try this: Design the routing card Bring forward the lot size field On the routing specify the lot size as 20 Specify the run time as 60 and UOM as minutes. Load a Planned production order for an item with this routing and for 20 the start and end time difference will be 60 minutes, for 40, 120 minutes. Does this help?

Steven, Thanks a lot, the last suggestion on the lot size given by you solved my query. Ones again thanking all the members for their valuable time and suggestion. Excuse me for my poor English. Abhay

Hello,

I have just read the Microsoft dynamics NAV 2013 help page for the Lot size field in order to see the implications this value has on the timings of operations.

The help file says:

The lot size modifies the run time that you enter on routing lines by multiplying the value in the Run Time field with the lot size to reflect that it takes, for example, twice the time to process two pieces per operation.

Then I read your post which makes more sense to me, but suggests that it doesn’t multiply the lot size by the run time.

Since, if it did multiply, then (20 x 60 = 1200 minutes per operaton = 20 hours)

Does this mean that the help file is incorrect, or have I read it wrong?