Reprint Sales Invoices

Is it possible to reprint all sales invoices between dates. We need to print all Invoices from 01/07/2012 to 31/07/2012.

Not sure if this is a user question or if we would need a custom report.

Is it the standard Sales Invoice form? You can re-print it, but you have to do it one by one. Go to AR>Inquiries>Journals>Invoice then click print button.

It is the standard invoice.

How hard would it be to write some code to print a range rather than print them one by one?

Hi,

It is not that difficult at all, you need a job similar to this:

static void AAA_PrintInvoices(Args _args)
{
CustInvoiceJour custInvoiceJour;
;

while select custInvoiceJour
where custInvoiceJour.InvoiceDate >= mkDate(1,7,2012) &&
custInvoiceJour.InvoiceDate <= mkDate(31,7,2012)
{
custInvoiceJour.printJournal();
}
}

But be aware - don’t run this job as it is, as this code is going to open as many report windows as many invoices there are in the given period… you have to additionally implement PrintJobSettings somewhere in this structure. And the way how to achieve this depends a lot on the AX version for which you want to implement this (and which you haven’t mentioned).

I have done this in the past on AX2009 by going to AR > Setup > Form Setup > Print Management and setting the Invoice to print to the printer I want to send them to. Then go to AR > Inquiries > Journals > Invoice, filter on the Invoices you want, highlight them all, select Preview/Print > Use print management. Once printed, return to Print Management and set back to what it was.

Wow, I haven’t tried this, but Michelle’s option seems to be the very best approach for this task as it requires no programming. Thanks for the valuable tip Michelle!

I hope the information is usefull to everyone as I had to figure it out the hard way. When we first upgraded to AX2009 from AX 3.0, we struggled getting our Invoices to run in the server style batch. First we ran across the issue with the logo, then ran across the issue with having to setup the printer as an AOS printer on the server. I got tired of having to reprint the invoices one by one when things did not go right. Now if anyone out there has any tips on getting Print Management to work with faxing, I am all ears!!

Thanks.

Disappointingly easy.