Reports - paper size

Hi ! I’m trying to create a report, that prints labels - size/hight 33 mm. Is it possible to code this size directly - without the printer (It’s not a new papersize for the printer) ? Regards Oscar Tolstrup Simonsen

Hi Oscar I think that it is possible in the newer versions of Financials and in Attain to choose the paper-size directly on the report (the papersize from the printer-driver). Best Regards Mads Morre DK

I have done this in the section directly, where I set the Section width/height to the desired size of the label. This provides a good control to the layout too.

Well - thanks a lot - but the problem is, that the special printer prints the lenght of a A4 sized paper - and that is not good enough. (The label-printer should only print 33 mm - not more - now it prints the lenght of A¤ - wich causes a waste of labels :wink: I hope that U got a answer to that problem…

Navision Help for the Paper Size property of a report follows. ______________________________________________ Use the AssistButton to select a paper size from the list of paper sizes that are supported by a particular printer. The list of paper size names is taken from the fin.stx file. If the printer that is used for this report does not support the specified PaperSize, the default document settings of the printer will determine the page size. You may also experience that the displayed name of a paper size is different in the page setup dialog. This is because the paper sizes that are displayed here are taken from the actual printer. The printer manufacturer may have given a paper size a different name than the one in the fin.stx file. The physical paper size, however, will be the same (if the actual printer supports this size). Leave PaperSize as to have the default document settings of the printer that is used for this report determine the page size. A paper size specified in the page setup dialog will override PaperSize. If you want to use the custom page size associated with your printer driver, set the PaperSize property to . Specify the custom page size in your printer driver properties and use that as the default. ______________________________________________ Based on this, I believe what you want to do is leave the papersize property set to , set the size of the section(s) in your report layout properly to fit your paper stock and then do any necessary papersize definition either in the printer setup or in the Windows page setup dialog. I have printed a variety of label sizes following this approach. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

I have problems printing labels of size 89 x 30 mm. This is a size supported by the printer driver. I have set sectionwidth and sectionheight to exactly 89x30mm (8900x3000). In properties of the report PaperSize is undefined. But when printing the selected papersize seems to be wrong. I have played with the papersizes defined in Navision (fin.stx), and then I have managed to get closer to the expected result. Is it possible to define my own papersize in fin.stx, or is there maybe another way to solve this?

I have a problem printing labels of size 70 mm x 30mm I am creating the report using the wizard for 3 across on A4 paper with a top and bottom margin of 5mm Navision will only print 21 labels the paper has 24 how can I get Navision to print the final three labels. I have played with all of the sizes to no avail.