Report Writing

Hi, I am having some difficulties developing a Wire Transfer report. I am trying to create a relationship between Vendor and vendor Bank account so that I can send out wires of the balance due. So far I have not been successful. When I am trying to save the report I receive a message saying that I am not allowed to create the report and that I should contact the system manager. I am a super user and I am able to make changes to other reports already developed. Further the C/AL codes from the view menu is not active so a cannot select any codes. Am I supposed to manually type in codes? We updated our system from 2.0 to 2.6 a year ago. The Designer Application guide is from the 2.0 system and is very poorly. Does any one know where I can find better litterature about report writing? Thank you Thomas,Florida

Perhaps you are trying to save the report with a report number that you have not yet purchased?

If You bought the Report Designer, you also have 100 reports included. You can place them in the range 50000 to 50099. //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

Each edition of the Application Designer Guide has been a significant improvement. But if you get the edition that came out with Attain, you have to be a little careful as a few features may only be available in Attain. You should have all the manuals for your version in PDF format on the CD that your Navision software distribution came on. If you do not have that CD, you should be able to purchase one from your NSC for less than the cost of a new paper manual. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

Thank you for responding, What about the codes, how do they work? Are they supposed to show up automatically, or is it necessary to manually type them in in the C/AL code?

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by C/AL codes. Could you explain more specifically? However, I would guess that the answer is going to be “Yes, you have to know what you need and type it in manually”. I say that because that is the case in most instances with Navision. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

I am using the vendor table and the vendor bank account table to create a report that will output a request for wire transfer to our bank. In this report I want current balance and I want the opportunity to put in the amount that I want transfered. My problem is to create relationship between the two tables (Only one is being filtered for a particullar vendor. The vendor Bank account table is not being filtered.) I am doing exactly as the Design developer says. Also I am trying to add C/AL codes to the triggers of the vendor data item. As I understand from the book, some of these codes are already in the Navision system. How do I select and apply these codes? What are the criterias for manually typing in these codes? Thank you for all the help! Thomas