Report as finished error - quantity cannot be picked as 0 is available

Essentially you have turned on location control but do not care about the physical stock in the location, which I feel is wrong. When using locations if you are producing into one location I would want the journal to consume from the correct mixed locations - reservation would do this if you controlled the location dimension, however if you are autoconsuming it takes the location on the production order (or I beleive the one on teh resource for operation stepped consumption) in these instances you have to ensure you plan the system to remove from one location (like production withdraw) that you always move stock into and control any negative elements. Ultimately it depends upon the process and what you are trying to achieve.

Hi Adam, you are absolutely correct on this. I turned the location as one of the storage dimension but i didn’t tick the physical and financial for that location. Since we are auto-consuming, it takes the location from the production order location.

1. So how could I control the location dimension going forward?

For now, I am going to manually change the consumption location for components (in the production order) so at least the consumption is taking place correctly, since we are auto-consuming it.

1. For the transaction already done, could we move the positive stock from Location A (where it should have consumed origionally) to the Location B (where the negative stock is)?

Thank you

Hi adam, yes on the warehouse, I set the location “A” for the raw material, but i am auto-consuming so will it still back-flush this location, even though production is consuming from location B (because it is picking up from the production order location default).

otherwise, you as recommended, I need to control at the location level. Appreciate if you could advise how I can do that.

Actually, I noticed that when I set the warehouse item location at the component level, AX automatically default to that location in the production material consumption so I didn’t have to manually change in the production bom everytime. This would work for us and the material is taken from the correct location.

I would go for option 2. and I would ensure that in the future there is a process to move stock into the production area where it is being made (location) to ensure the stock is consumed from the correct location.