Release sales order picking as batch job

Hi,

Is there any way to run the release sales order picking as a nightly batch job? The query our warehouse guys runs is the same every morning, and it could take 20 minutes to run through the process.

Or are there other ways/functions we could use to print picking list for all sales orders with available / on-stock quantity.

And another challenge: If we have a sales order with items in stock, but the sales order has a unreceipted PO marked against it, is there a setting to release this even though the marked PO is not received yet. This is no problem in through the sales order form, but the released sales order picking skips this, which seems as expected behaviour for most cases, but not in ours.

Forgot to add tags. [:)]

Hi WG

The thing with ‘Release sales order picking’ is that it helps with the problem of releasing sales orders to the warehouse where there is no stock. I do not think there is any comparable functionality which can be batched.

There maybe a hotfix for 2012 R2 which could help with your scenario where setting the criteria is slow. Perhaps you could log an inquiry with Microsoft and support could determine if this hotfix would be helpful. (It appears the hotfix is included with R2 CU6).

Hi WG

I suppose I agree with Guy. Don’t know of a comparable batch function.

But why do you make matched PO-SO links if you dont want to use them ? Any issues with using Master planning for such items?

Hi Guy and Daxer,

Thanks for you replies. We did some changes in settings seems to improve the release sales order picking significantly,

The reason we are using marking PO against SO is to make sure cost follows the PO. Some customers get better prices from the manufacturer, and as resellers we need to make sure the purchase order cost follows the sales order price. But we may still want to send items in stock (with higher cost price) to the customer to avoid lead time.

Could be interesting to hear from you which kind of changes you made that improved the process.