Regarding MS ADODB Automation

Please supply me the information on following points. 1>How to retrieve data from the Access to Navision using ADODB Automation. 2> what is the difference between varrecordset.recordset and varrecordset._recordset. 3>I want to archive data into the MS Access table. But the Navision table of which the data is to be archived has primary key made up of different keys. What should i keep in mind while designing the Acess table. Please remember that after certain period the data must be imported/rereived in to the Navision Table.

Hi Sanjeev, I am not really an expert with Access, but I do know that it really is not the best way to archive Navision data. Is there a reason you need to use Access, or could you use SQL instead. If you can use SQL, and run Navision on SQL, then this is a very simple task.

Thanks for reply David, Actually we have two tables which are growing larger day by day. Our client is not using SQL. They need to archive (some of )data of these table in Access DB.

This is some what a conflit. Navision can handle orders of magnitude larger tables that Access, so why do you want to move it to Access. If the tables are large, (I am guessing multiple gigabytes,) then Access is not he way to go.

If it is realy nessesary to get the data out of navision you can try a MySQL database, I believe they are shareware. There is lots of information on this forum about synchronising with SQL databases.

Yes, agree, its got to be better than Access.

You both are right that the SQL is a better.But i would like to ask you the same question How to retrive data from MSAcess DB. Is it possible?

You are wasting your time.[Yeah!]

quote:

Please supply me the information on following points. 1>How to retrieve data from the Access to Navision using ADODB Automation

please spend some time searching before posting. I think You find it here: Loading... //Lars