Record Insert.

Hi experts,

In every sales, purchase , Gen.jnl……… U have a Line no field. It is assigned by 10000 internally… And autosplit key

Property key for this line is yes. Up to now this is ok.

AutoSplitKeyUse this property to have the system automatically create a key for a new record placed between the current record and the previous record.I am not understanding the use of autosplitkey property. At what condition we use this property.For example I created 3 sales lines. If I want create one more line I wil create 4 th line.What is the need to create 4th line between above 3 lines.What is purpose to create a new record between current, previous record.Could throw some example.Thanks and regards

In all these cases the line no. ist part of the primary key (the last field in these keys). So if you have two lines, the first get the number 10000 and the second the number 20000 automatically. If you insert an new line, this line get the number 15000 automatically; if you insert a new line between the first (= 10000) and the second line (= 15000), this new line gets the number 12500 and so on.

I think, you can insert 28 times a new line.

Michael

Thanks for help.

But I know above process. Please read my query one more time.

What query is why u want insert record between two records.

Give that type of example.

Why don’t u create another line without Inserting another line between records.

What is necessary to create a record between records.

Thanks and records.

The user inserts a new line (between existing lines) because that is where they want it to display (or print) in the document.

This is user preference. Either way will work just fine.