Receiving an item which is different from the ordered item of PO

Hi All,

I have one scenario that, I will be receiving an item which is different from the ordered item of PO. I will be getting the detailed specifications of that item from supplier at the time of packing slip update only. So I want to create a new Item with specifications updated and post the packing slip for the new item. Here AX allows me to post the packing slip for the ordered item only. Is there any way to handle this case?

Regards,

Lixin

Hi Lixin,

Yes you can do it in multiple ways.

1. Create new PO with new item and cancel the existing PO.

2. As order is not received you can delete the ordered item from PO and in the same PO add new line item.

3. If you want the existing PO and want to insert new item record then Add new line at the PO lines in same PO and while updating the packing slip, In the Posting packing slip form… Goto Lines (tab) select the “CLOSE” check box to the item which you did not received and update the packing slip. Close option will do, If an order line cannot be delivered or can be only partially delivered, select this check box to set the remaining quantity to zero.

Sarathy

Hi Lixin,

Sarathy has provided you different options already and you can go with them as per feasibility.

One more point that while you change anything in PO, you are suppose to confirm it again. In India, we follow concept of amendment and if there is any change in original order, we send amended order vendor as PO is a legal document and is audited.

Pranav…

Hi Sarathy & Paranav,

Thanks for the reply.

In my requirement the PO is already approved and confirmed. So I can not go and modify the ordered item line.

For example, the Item, PO amount, quantity, payment terms and all confirmed and approved (through workflow) by purchase manager. But the store person receives the items with some other specifications which we cannot predict at the order creation stage. So they need to create new items based on the details provided by supplier and post the packing slip. If I change the order line item, again they need to go with approval cycle which is not necessary I feel.

Example Item: I have ordered for Nokia E72 mobile, Item ID : 10001, Qty - 10, Supplier also sends the same Item Nokia E72 but with english & arabic key pad, 10 Qty. The key pad change is ok for me as the price and model are same. So i will accept the item but I want to track this item as a new item. So I create a new item number and receive it. Hence there is no change in the PO. Please post your comments.

Thanks,

Lixin

If you can not modify the PO which is approved for a specific item and with other details, then we should not allow to accept the different item on the same PO.!!

As mentioned other people, going with new PO and get it approved once receive the items.

Hi Lixin,

If you want to add new line in the existing PO, then it is possible to add new line item. what is the status of the PO?

Normally (sometimes) after invoiced the PO, we can add new line item where PO gets changed the status from Invoiced state to Open order state. It is possible. so you can try this option also but as you said that you don’t want to have earlier order item then go with the process of below mentioned & as i said this step in my earlier post also.

If you want the existing PO and want to insert new item record then Add new line at the PO lines in same PO and while updating the packing slip, In the Posting packing slip form… Goto Lines (tab) select the “CLOSE” check box to the item which you did not received and update the packing slip. Close option will do, If an order line cannot be delivered or can be only partially delivered, select this check box to set the remaining quantity to zero.

But as per business scenario, I don’t prefer you to go ahead with the above processes because you said for every step you need to fallow Approval process. So, I suggest you to go with NEW PO and cancel the old PO. Its “SAFE”.

Sarathy

Thank you.