RDP Class not executing

Am developing a report using ssrs. The ssrs report has 2 datasource types; query and RDP. The data from the query is displayed on the report but that of the RDP is not displayed. When i tried debugging, i realised the RDP class is not executed at all. Anyone here to help out?? Thanks

I think it’s more likely that you have a problem with debugging than that the class doesn’t execute. You may need a few trick to debug RDP classes - in some cases, you need the X++ debugger started in advance, sometimes you need the Visual Studio debugger. See How to: Configure the Debugger to Debug a Report Data Provider Class.

All the above configurations have already been made and I am able to debug other RDP classes. The RDP class in question here is InventJournalTransTransferEEDP.

The RDP class in question here is the supplementary data provider class for InventJournalTransTransfer report

Temporarily just try to change the parent of that RDP class from SRSReportDataProviderBase to SRSReportDataProviderPreProcess and place the breakpoint in processReport method.

You can debug after that and can identify what causes the problem.

The report will not execute as it will throw error .

I suggested you this as you want to know that if DP class is executed or not.

Hope this helps.