RAF, By-product: The quantity cannot be reduced. The number of inventory transactions on order is too low...

Hi everybody,
I’m having an error message I cannot ride off it…
When doing the final report as finished (quantity is zero because it has already been reported through the journal)

The by-product line is throwing this message

All the output orders are ended for this item.
The status for the transaction is ‘Picked’.
The marking is as following

Transactions are seen like this

I have seen many blogs and topics related to this message, but I was not able to finished the order. FYI: The production orders are created through code as the module has an interface with other production system, more than 2000 orders were already finished so I assume this is not a code issue, but there is a chance this a different scenario that generated the error.

I will appreciate a lot your suggestions.
Many thanks and regards
Héctor

Why is the single line still picked when there is nothing to RAF and you are just closing it off?

Have a look at the posted history of the journals and the related transactions, if the inventory transaction picked for -1 is against a posted journal the data is inconsistent.

You have not said what your RAF settings are regarding anything else

Ok I will see that transactions. RAF settings are taken from the Default user values which are

What does the ProdBOM look like for the ByProduct?
What happens if you report 1?

Certenly it looks strange, here it is

Trying to report 1…

Delete the first line from the prodBOM for the blank quantity, then report for 0 the end RAF journal. You might not be able to delete it with the status of the order, but you dont want a blank line in there.

Steve many thanks for your suggestions. Just testing many different options, the one that solves the issue was pretty simple (easy to say after finding it), I just deleted (with Alt+F9) the by-product lines in the Report as finished window, as they were useless because in this case no quantity was needed to be reported. Leaving just the finished product line was enough. I will keep trying to find the root cause but for now both orders are finished.

Thanks again and bes regards

Glad you got there :slight_smile: