Quote generated based on Custom BOM

Does anybody know how one could create a Quote that is based on a cost estimate for a customized Product for a customer?( (we have configured a product, created a customer-BOM, modified it a bit and then we want to calculate the $$$ estimate, set our margin and send this “cost plus” Quote to the customer) Thanks/ Spassiba/ Gracias/Danke Schoen Evert J Bos Grafton WI / USA

1. U need 4 that: - bom - cost groups - bom parameters /Inv.management/Setup/Parameters/BOM 2. U need to setup BOM calculation parameter /Inv.management/Setup/Parameters/BOM - setup “Use pourchase price agreements” if you whant calculate $$$ estimate using info from Trade agreements /Purchase prices. (or Purchase order price (/Inv.management/Item/Price/Discount/Purchase order/price - else Axa use Cost price /Inv.management/Item/Price/Discount/Cost/Price 3.Create Cost groups Setup that cost group for each Bom component (BOM line) in /Inv.management/Item/General/Cost group 4. U can control your BOM calculation: Find your BOM in Items, choose BOM/Calculation Press Calculation, choose Profit-setting, press OK :slight_smile: 4.“Sales order” Choose Sales line (your BOM) Press Calculation/BOM calculation. choose Profit-setting, press OK :slight_smile: Press Transfer To Order for transfer Price in Sales line. 5. Use Quotation and /Sales line /Functions/Explode BOM for send BOM Calculation to the Customer. Rgds!

Also you can use Product Builder functionality with Price and Delivery date calculation.

I am still struggling with the following: Can you start a configuration session from the Quotation? It does not seem so. When I enter a ‘modelling-enabled’ item in the quotation line, I can not select’ start configuration". If that is indeed not possible… Can we then do the configuration and price calc. in the sales order and copy that to a Quotation? …or… maybe we should just configure in the product builder, generate item and bom and then select that item in a new Quotation line? What would be the best method? Thanks Evert

quote:

Can you start a configuration session from the Quotation?

Yes

quote:

When I enter a ‘modelling-enabled’ item in the quotation line, I can not select’ start configuration". If that is indeed not possible…

‘modelling-enabled’ - parameter for Product Builder. if you whant configurate BOM in Sales line or Quotation line - you must add Configurations to Inventory dimensions for this BOM (Item)

quote:

Can we then do the configuration and price calc. in the sales order and copy that to a Quotation?

You can do that: 1. In Quotation CRM/Cotation/Line/Functions then Functions/Convert to Sales Order 2. In Sales order.

quote:

What would be the best method?

It’s depend from specific of your item and business-process: - you use PB (Product builder) If you want create new! BOM and Routs; - you use configuration you want change componennts. Rgrds!