"Qty. to Receive" and "Qty. to Invoice"

Hi All,

I’m working on Nav 5.0 SP1 IN (Native).

The Fields “Qty. to Receive” and “Qty. to Invoice” of the SO/PO Document gets populate automatically at time of entering the amount at the “Quantity” Field.

But our client does not satisfy with this.They have individual users to enter data into this fields.

To do this I have to modify some code. But I don’t to modify the Base Code (against Navision principle) in the table Level. To do this I add some code at Form Level (Quantity - OnValidate ()) and (Location Code - OnValidate ()).

It’s working.

But after the posting the SO/PO Document the Same two fields gets automatically populate again.
Where I have to check for this?

If I’m working against Navision than suggest me… [8-)]

Hi,

You’re in luck. In Nav 5.0 SP1 they introduced an option on the Sales & Receivable setup to handle this

If you enter the value in Quantity field and than Select the Location Code.

What will happen ??[8-)]

the setup is not working.

Did you actually changed the setup, so it is not filled automatically anymore?

On the Navigation Pane go to Sales & Marketing > Setup > Sales & Receivables Setup.

On the General tab change the field Default Quantity to Ship to:

• Remainder to fill the value automatically.
  • Blank if you want the user to fill it manually.

[Quote|To do this I have to modify some code. But I don’t to modify the Base Code (against Navision principle) in the table Level. To do this I add some code at Form Level (Quantity - OnValidate ()) and (Location Code - OnValidate ()).[/Quote] Where Did you hear that it’s against Nav Principle to modify at the table Level? This is nonsense.

Do you know the fields:

• Default Qty. to Ship/Rcv. in the Purchases & Payables Setup.
  • Default Quantity to Ship in the Sales & Receivables Setup.

You can set this fields to Remainder or to Blank, if you set them to Blank the “Qty. to Receive” and “Qty. to Invoice”, will not be populated automatically.