"qty.per unit of measure must be 1 in item unit of measure item no xxx code ton proplem

Hi guys i have item has proplem in unit of measure it is by kg and i need it by ton so that i close all open entries until inventory value become 0 after that i try to change item unit of measure from kg to ton it give me error "qty.per unit of measure must be 1 in item unit of measure item no xxx code ton"how i solve this proplem.

units found as following

kg 1

ton 1000

thanks

Base UoM MUST have Qty per UoM = 1

Accordingly, if you want tons to be the base UoM, set Qty per UoM = 1 for TON, and, accordingly, 0.001 for KG. In your case it is better to create a new Item, otherwise there will be a mess with quantities between historical and new data.

Usually it is recommended to use as base UoM the smallest possible one - to avoid using multipliers less than 1. With weight in metric tons/centners/kgs it is not so critical, but when we come to PCS, problems arise. For example - if a BOX is set up as base UoM, what to do if it contains 3, 6, 12 etc PCS and you wish to count your inventory by peaces?

When create new item it give me error message “you cannot delete item 1hgh because it has ledger entries in fiscal year that has not been closed yet” why this problem made it must accept but i dont know why

thanks

You need to create new item with same description and then transfer inventory from old item to new item and then block the old item code

OK you are true but how you will transfer cost data

Transfer cost data???

When you move your quantity that time of course you are going to put unit cost also .it will transfer the cost also.

When create new item it give me error message “you cannot delete item 1hgh because it has ledger entries in fiscal year that has not been closed yet” why this problem made it must accept but i dont know why

i close open entries until remaining is 0 and also remove application from worksheet then reapply it

when i rename old item it give me this error .1hgh is another item.different with i try to rename it

Please guys i will make this question in another post if possible

thanks