Purchase Requisition

Hi all,

Is there a situation where one can one raise a Purchase Requisition without Workflow setup?

I don’t think the Purchase Requisitions were designed to work without a workflow setup. So as far as I know, You cannot Create Purchase Requisitions unless you have a workflow setup.

A small correction…you can create the purchase requisition without workflow but you cannot process anything from a PR without workflow. Suppose, you created a PR.you wanted to create a RFQ or PO from the PR. So, you cannot do it without the PR status changing to completed or approved.

What if you I dont want use the workflow but still want to use the PR mechanism…? well, for that sake…you can set the workflow configurations in such a way that all the PRs should get automatically approved.

Thank you for this

ok, thanks

hi santosh ,

even i want to create a PO from a PR , but without the workflow . i enabled the automatic approval with the condition “purchreqid is not (blank)” . the problem is my PR are still not getting approved . can u confirm if the issue here is the workflow prequisites not installed

hi Santosh ,

even i want to create a PO from a PR , but without the workflow . i enabled the automatic approval with the condition “purchreqid is not (blank)” . the problem is my PR are still not getting approved . can u confirm if the issue here is the workflow prequisites not installed

I think Santosh has answered your query in this post as quoted above.

Ezam, I suggest you to first configure the workflow to get the PR approved by a user manually. Create a PR and check it’s going for the approval to the user specified and approve it completely. This is just to ensure that your workflow pre-requisites and configurations are correct.

If this works fine then your worry about workflow pre-requisites will be over and then you can try with auto approval configurations. I advice you to consider setting some condition where purch requisition.amount field < 1 billion crores(just a big figure) and set the auto approval.

thanx man !!! thats all i wanted to clear

Dear Ezan,

Actually we tried to configure the work flow, the PR is submitted but it is not assigned to approver ( Specified user). please share the document to configure the PR workflow.