Purchase Requisition Worksheet gives wrong quantities according to parameters set.

Are there any known issues/bugs in the Requisition Management function? I have a client’s database that gives totally unexpected results (quantities) in requisition worksheet. The Reorder policy is Fixed Reorder Qty. and Reorder point and Reorder quantity are set as the only parameters. When I experiment with Cronus the result is what I and everyone would expect but go to my client database and I get figures I cant even begin to explain. This function has not been customized and is the standard code same as Cronus. This is in NAV 2009 sp 1 on SQL.

Any ideas on what could be causing this. Anyone encountered this before.

There are hundreds of issues rolling into different versions, but I find most of the people posting here do not understand the results because they do not understand the system. If you have fixed reorder set this is the safest I believe, however the rest depends upon all of your settings, cannot comment without knowing how it is set, what there is, what is on order and what it is suggesting. There will be a difference with Cronus because undoubtedley the parameters, base setting and supply-demand profile are different.

Problem is I have set up the exact same parameters on Cronus as on the other DB and the scenarios are similar, work date and all. But quantity suggested by the worksheet is different?!

I would be 95% sure this is not the case. Tell us all the settings you have configured, and the supply-demand balance by date and warehouse with the results.

Adam You talked warehouse, am purely using one location.But are the parameters on the item card specific to location?

Consider this:

Item X

Reorder Point = 100

Reorder Qty = 500

Inventory = 0

No Sales Order

No purchase order

DB X — Requisition Worksheet quantity = 0??? (not restock above reorder point -expected 500)

Cronus – Requisition Worksheet quantity = 500 (Correct- to restock to reorder qty.)

Item X

Reorder Point = 100

Reorder Qty = 500

Inventory = 0

Sales Order quantity = 600

No purchase order

DB X — Requisition Worksheet quantity = 600??? (only fulfills the order but does not restock above reorder point)

Cronus – Requisition Worksheet quantity = Two lines 500 and 600.(Correct- one to fulfill the order and then restock to reorder qty.)

You have presumably not told NAV the base location for planning reasons as you are not using SKUs.

Go to Manufacturing Set and in teh Components at Location set the field to be your MAIN warehouse, the choice actually is not relevant - anything but BLANK is required.

Rerun planning and it will work like Cronus [:D]

I agree with you AdamRoue, the BLANK location was the problem. I think this problem is now solved from the few tests I carried out. Will endaevour to do more testing and rule out any other problem. Thank you very much.